Aug 22, 2020

Bird and Rodent Droppings in Your Food? It Happens More Often Than Not, But FDA to the Rescue

I was speaking to a friend the other day and she said, "I like to scour the Internet and I came across an article that would turn your stomach!" 

I have enough problems with the stroke, and don't relish another problem.

"Oh?" I said. "What was it about?"

"It was about a company called Cali Rice Valley Inc. that had bacterial and toxin formation called Bacillus cereus for lack of the proper temperature for storage of its rice and wheat noodles."

"Tell me more," I said, keeping my knowledge to my myself for the time being.

"It was gross. I also read that they disregarded allergens like color additives and there was condensation from the fixtures and pipes that dripped onto food surfaces. The FDA [Food and Drug Administration] investigators also found workers sneezing over the food.

"The investigators also found that dropped noodles on the floor were hastily picked up and added to the conveyor belt as if nothing had happened. And the worst thing was they found bird and rodent droppings that would get mixed into the food. There was more."

"Stop," I replied. "There's an easier way to get all the information to update you on recalled food and drugs and supplements and much more."

I got her attention, and I hope yours!

First, a brief history. The FDA came about in 1848 and is the oldest consumer protection agency in the US federal government. It was originally monitoring agricultural products, but since then, has expanded to other foods, drugs, supplements, cosmetics, and much more. 

As the literature states, "The FDA has changed along with social, economic, political and legal changes in the United States. Examining the history of these changes illuminates the evolving role that FDA has played in promoting public health and offers lessons to consider as we evaluate current regulatory challenges."

Just click on this link:  https://updates.fda.gov/subscriptionmanagement

Enter your email address and click Submit.

You will be presented with a checklist of well over a hundred different items that the FDA investigates. 

Check the ones that interest you and they will appear in your Inbox when a something is recalled or updated. 

It's that easy to keep you and your family and friends safe. 

No comments: